St. Christopher’s Good Neighbour Project provides a range of services that benefit the local community. Volunteers from the local community are warmly invited to join the team that can help maintain these. Our vision at St. Christopher’s Good Neighbours is to provide Hope for the People of Holme Wood and surrounding areas by helping to combat loneliness, by providing low cost food, and general help and support to people of all ages.
• ‘Home from Home’: a centre for people aged 50+, open Monday – Wednesday and Fridays from 9.30am – 3pm. Offers a 3 course lunch, transport and lots of activities.
• Breakfast Café: Open Monday mornings from 8.30am – 10.30am
• Community Cafe: open on Tuesday and Thursday lunchtimes from 11 am – 1pm
• Monday & Friday Diner: 3 course lunch available for the over 50’s. Served at 12pm.
• Fruit & Vegetable Market: Open Wednesday to Friday. Fresh groceries!
• Hairdressing: Thursday & Fridays, open to everyone
• Line dancing –Thursday afternoons, a great way to exercise and make new friends
• Dance-on: Movement to music for the over 50’s. Friday mornings. A fun way to get moving, socialise and have a laugh!
• Activity afternoon: Indoor bowls, table tennis & pool for over 50’s. Friday pm.
Please pray for:
• Our Project Co-ordinator Diane as she continues to re-imagine Good Neighbours to keep it fresh and meet funders requirements.
• Our staff and volunteers as they cope with a lot of change within the project over the last year.
• More people to access Good Neighbours, – those who are isolated and lonely.
Phone Number: 01274 680997