The Anchor Project, based at St Clement’s Church, aims to serve the needs of the local community in BD3. We were delighted to celebrate our 15th birthday in 2019 and continue to be committed to providing varied opportunities and support for people of all ages and backgrounds, and to improving our local environment. We value relationships and through all our work continue to strengthen and develop friendships within our diverse, inner-city community. Our current activities include:
• BD3Care – a drop-in for asylum seekers and refugees for support, food and clothes.
• A lunch and activity club for elderly, isolated residents.
• ‘Everyday English’ classes – providing English conversation between local English speakers and local residents from many different countries.
• Toddler and carer singing and music group.
• An environment project, including a gardening club, gardening classes, an annual garden competition and festival, litter picks, mentoring a litter campaign group, and running trips to the countryside.
• Various one-off projects as opportunity arises, e.g. mosaic making, inter-faith lunches, cooking sessions, internet safety workshops etc.
Please pray for:
– The asylum seekers, that their cases will be assessed and dealt with fairly and efficiently and that they will feel valued and loved as they negotiate the system and wait for answers.
– Other people we work with, as they negotiate increasingly challenging financial situations.
– More opportunities for people to learn from, and enjoy being with, those seen to be ‘different’ from themselves.
Address: 294a Barkerend Road, Bradford, BD3 9DF
Phone Number: 01274 743054